Future 2 gamers will not be locked out of Status content material and Season occasions in the event that they don’t purchase Curse of Osiris. Great.
Future 2: Curse of Osiris walled vanilla gamers off from some key content material that shipped with the bottom game, together with a lot of the weekly endgame subject material and Actions which might be important for having access to Trophies and Achievements.
This was once now not well-received, as you could effectively believe, however the just right news is that the following Future 2 replace, 1.1.1, will opposite many of those adjustments and go back get admission to to endgame content material match to those that haven’t bought Curse of Osiris.
Even higher than a promise to mend the issue is a snappy turnaround at the resolution. Future 2 replace 1.1.1 will roll out throughout a downtime scheduled for 7am PT to 2pm PT on December 12, so that you received’t have lengthy to attend. Click on that hyperlink to peer the upkeep window to your timezone.
Seven hours is a protracted downtime for Future 2, however Bungie has so much to mend. In a long publish on Bungie.web, the developer freely copped to creating an error and defined the way it got here to make this kind of choice. Mainly, it sought after to stay Status and endgame content material related to the present perfect conceivable Energy (Curse of Osiris raises the Energy cap to 335), fairly than semi-retiring that content material because it did D1’s raids when each and every enlargement launched.
Moreover, Bungie concept the addition of recent Crucible maps and Moves have been a just right sufficient reason why to transport actions like Faction Rally, Iron Banner, Trials of the 9 and Dusk into expansion-only territory, since on weeks when those Actions featured expansion-exclusive content material, vanilla Future 2 gamers can be walled out anyway.
Then again, the developer now realises that content material that shipped with the bottom game will have to stay out there, and can stay those Actions open except for once they require expansion-exclusive content material. Let’s hope that’s now not too continuously!
One different key level to focus on is that new Adorns and different Season rewards may not be made to be had to vanilla Future 2 gamers. So when you don’t but personal Curse of Osiris, you’ll be able to take part in Iron Banner when it plants up once more – however don’t be expecting to get anything else new from the enjoy.
On account of a lot of these adjustments it’s making, Bungie has elected to prolong the December Faction rally match and has now not supplied a brand new date as of but.
In my opinion, I believe you will have to skip Curse of Osiris and forestall taking part in Future 2 until the Yr 2 re-release. However when you’re extra affected person with Bungie than I’m after 3 and a little bit years of this, you then will have to take a look at the publish connected above and the overall Future 2 replace 1.1.1 patch notes underneath, as each comprise extra element on why Bungie did what it did and the way it intends to handle it.
Future 2 replace 1.1.1 patch notes
- The Status Leviathan Raid will likely be introduced backtrack to Energy 300, and its rewards will drop down to check the brand new Energy Degree. All gamers will regain get admission to to the Status Raid.
- This will likely permit get admission to to “The Prestige” Fulfillment/Trophy for all gamers.
- This will likely additionally permit all gamers talent to finish the overall step for the Legend of Acrius Unique Shotgun.
- Trials of The 9 will solely require Curse of Osiris when it includes a Curse of Osiris map. For all different weeks, it is going to be to be had to all gamers.
- This will likely permit get admission to to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Fulfillment/Trophy for all gamers.
- Trials of The 9 rewards that introduced with Future 2 will nonetheless be out there to all gamers.
- New Seasonal Rewards that introduced with Curse of Osiris, akin to the brand new Seasonal Armor Adorns, would require possession of Curse of Osiris to procure.
- The Status Dusk will stay a pinnacle process, on the new 330 Energy cap.
- This implies Status Dusk would require possession of Curse of Osiris.
- As a result of this, we will be able to replace “The Prestige” Fulfillment/Trophy to simply reference The Status Raid.
- Shifting ahead, we’re investigating including a third issue to all Status actions, in order that we will supply each a problem that remains related with each and every new Growth, and a Status model this is to be had to all gamers.
- Commonplace Dusk will solely require Curse of Osiris when it includes a Curse of Osiris map. For all different weeks it is going to be to be had to all gamers.
- Time restricted occasions – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will likely be made to be had to all gamers.
- We can be suspending the following day’s Faction Rally, to verify all of our gamers can get admission to the process and the proper rewards.
- Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that introduced with Future 2 will nonetheless be out there to all gamers.
- New Seasonal Rewards that release with Curse of Osiris, akin to the brand new Seasonal Armor Adorns, would require possession of Curse of Osiris to procure.